Why Target is better than Wal Mart
Yesterday I bought a three-pack of closet hangers from Target for $1.23. The cardboard packaging said this:
This evening I was in Wal Mart looking for some shelving of a particular kind (we are stalwart and steadfast supporters of the Wal Mart boycott, except for when it's inconvenient to be so). They had a three-pack of the same hangars for 98 cents. It said:
As a professional writer, I would like to endorse Target's practice of paying 25 cents out of each three-pack of hangers it sells to the person who can help me form a personal bond with my sneakers and turn a simple act of laundry-oriented commerce into the stuff that dreams are made of.
Plus, hangers are a crummy way to store belts and ties. What a hack.
The door opens and there it is. The wardrobe of your life neatly laid out before you. The pants with the pants. The right shoes with their lefts. All your options lined up in a row. Waiting to see what combination you'll dream up today.
This evening I was in Wal Mart looking for some shelving of a particular kind (we are stalwart and steadfast supporters of the Wal Mart boycott, except for when it's inconvenient to be so). They had a three-pack of the same hangars for 98 cents. It said:
For belts, ties, scarves and more.
As a professional writer, I would like to endorse Target's practice of paying 25 cents out of each three-pack of hangers it sells to the person who can help me form a personal bond with my sneakers and turn a simple act of laundry-oriented commerce into the stuff that dreams are made of.
Plus, hangers are a crummy way to store belts and ties. What a hack.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home