ramblinmatt

A blog designed to be at least slightly more interesting than Blogger's "Sample Blog", if only because it's in English.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradenton, Florida

"ramblinmatt at gmail dot com"

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Damn cameras

We really haven't been having much luck with digital cameras lately. We killed one several weeks ago on the Ocoee River - I had it with me on the raft in a "waterproof" container that wasn't quite, so by the end of the run it was quite damp and, coincidentally, no longer working. Fortunately, a few days before we took it whitewater rafting it had briefly displayed an error message, so we are firmly convinced that it was fatally flawed at that point, so sending it off for a warranty repair was perfectly justified.

So while we are waiting for that one to come back from the shop, we got a new camera specifically designed to be waterproof, with a cool clear case that allows you to take pictures while completely submerged. Without the case it's just a normal camera, and that's how we used it all last weekend during a fabulous trip back to California for the Fourth of July. We got lots of pictures of the whole family gang that turned out in Cambria for frolicking and fireworks, including one of a frightfully large burrito I attempted to eat Saturday night at Cambrito's (it was so large that it was OK that I accidentally spilled half a margarita on it halway through, because I was already stuffed).

I hadn't had time to download those pictures before we turned around and left for Savannah, GA, where we are right now. Leslie's here on work and since I can work from anywhere, I tagged along (along with the dogs), working from our rental while she's at work. Anyway, last night we were exploring the historic district here last night and taking pictures at the old graveyard when the new camera up and died on us too. No reason this time, other than that the fates apparently simply don't want us to have any kind of photographic record of anything that happens this summer.

So while we can report to you that Savannah does indeed have oodles of southern charm, fascinating architecture and at least one Scottish pub with a great Beef and Guinness Pie, we can't prove any of it visually.

Now that I think of it, since we don't have any pictures, how do I know any of really happened?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home