Though I personally remain incredibly immature, my 20-year high school reunion is coming up. Sadly, and like all the other cool parties that took place in high school, it will have to muddle through without me. But as my contribution to either encouraging my fellow classmates to attend or shaming them into staying far, far away, I offer you this from The Archives: The award-winning (at least I think so, we rigged that contest, didn't we?) homecoming float of the Mighty Menlo-Atherton Bears Class of 1990!
A few notes from the historian:
- I will refrain from tagging anyone in this video out of respect for those who may have managed to make something of themselves;
- I actually don't remember who shot this for me, but keep in mind that in all likelihood it was a 17-year-old boy, and so the artistic choices he made regarding Shannon's midriff should be considered healthy and natural;
- If we'd been thinking ahead, we would have incorporated a trapeze for Angela; - In a foreshadowing of the "green" recycling movement, my disco outfit was recycled as my Halloween costume for the next ten years;
- Somebody from the team may correct me, but my recollection is that the drubbing that took place at the hands of the hated Woodside a few hours later brought the mighty Bears to something like 0-12 for the season.
Ah, the memories!
A few notes from the historian:
- I will refrain from tagging anyone in this video out of respect for those who may have managed to make something of themselves;
- I actually don't remember who shot this for me, but keep in mind that in all likelihood it was a 17-year-old boy, and so the artistic choices he made regarding Shannon's midriff should be considered healthy and natural;
- If we'd been thinking ahead, we would have incorporated a trapeze for Angela; - In a foreshadowing of the "green" recycling movement, my disco outfit was recycled as my Halloween costume for the next ten years;
- Somebody from the team may correct me, but my recollection is that the drubbing that took place at the hands of the hated Woodside a few hours later brought the mighty Bears to something like 0-12 for the season.
Ah, the memories!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home