ramblinmatt

A blog designed to be at least slightly more interesting than Blogger's "Sample Blog", if only because it's in English.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bradenton, Florida

"ramblinmatt at gmail dot com"

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Masochism

I've been a fan of the classic musical satirist Tom Lehrer since I was just a kid, but for whatever reason I had never seen a picture of him until I happened to think to type his name into YouTube just now and came up with a bunch of old black-and-white videos of him.

I'm not sure exactly how I pictured him, but having listened to somebody's music for 25 years I guess it's not surprising that I didn't picture him looking really anything like he really did.

Here's one of the videos. It is not the song of his that I performed to widespread acclaim among my mom for my 8th grade talent show, "The Christmas Carol", which apparently does not have a live version available. But I would give just about anything to know what Mr. Colasanti would have done if I'd had the balls to substitute this song "The Masochism Tango" into the show at the last minute without warning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilly said...

I had never seen him either, and strangely enough, that is EXACTLY how I pictured him...

I would have paid good money to see you perform this at your 8th grade talent show.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home