Sing along with Buffy
I started the continuing education class at the community college on Monday, the one I need to keep the real estate license I have, don't use, but don't want to have to bother to get again if I ever need it.
Since I don't use the license I don't particularly care if I learn much since I'd want to go back through all the classes later anyway if I ever did use it. So I didn't feel too bad about ditching class tonight to catch the showing of the Buffy musical at UNCG. It is a great episode, but much of the entertainment value of this particular experience was watching the room full of the real Buffy fans watch the episode.
I can't make fun since I cut an actual class to be there, but there were a few people who were really struggling to not jump up and belt out the songs at the top of their lungs. Turns out this particular episode has become the modern Rocky Horror Picture Show, with showing and sing-alongs taking place all over the country. I'd probably have to have a bit more to drink than my Diet Mountain Dew to really get into it, but you've got to admire a certain degree of shamelessness.
And for those so inclined, a karaoke version of one of the show's early numbers...
Since I don't use the license I don't particularly care if I learn much since I'd want to go back through all the classes later anyway if I ever did use it. So I didn't feel too bad about ditching class tonight to catch the showing of the Buffy musical at UNCG. It is a great episode, but much of the entertainment value of this particular experience was watching the room full of the real Buffy fans watch the episode.
I can't make fun since I cut an actual class to be there, but there were a few people who were really struggling to not jump up and belt out the songs at the top of their lungs. Turns out this particular episode has become the modern Rocky Horror Picture Show, with showing and sing-alongs taking place all over the country. I'd probably have to have a bit more to drink than my Diet Mountain Dew to really get into it, but you've got to admire a certain degree of shamelessness.
And for those so inclined, a karaoke version of one of the show's early numbers...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home