Ruins ruined
Leslie informs me that since I clearly have nothing of any real interest to blog about these days, I might as well post yet another adorable photo of the dogs. This is Kaylee and Fergus at the Robinson Rock House in Reedy Creek Park in Charlotte a few weekends ago. It's the ruins of a family farmhouse built in sometime just after the American Revolution.
I was just about to relate the interesting trivia that I recall from the sign at the ruins site that said the ruins were only rediscovered by archaeologists in 1981, which I thought was cool because it lends a sense that even today you might go wandering around the in the woods and discover something really cool. Unfortunately, in Googling around to confirm this factoid I seem to have discovered that that's not quite true, it wasn't really lost, just kind of forgotten for a while until the city bought the land, so big whoop. Thanks a lot, Google, you ruined the ruins.
The dogs are still cute, though.
I was just about to relate the interesting trivia that I recall from the sign at the ruins site that said the ruins were only rediscovered by archaeologists in 1981, which I thought was cool because it lends a sense that even today you might go wandering around the in the woods and discover something really cool. Unfortunately, in Googling around to confirm this factoid I seem to have discovered that that's not quite true, it wasn't really lost, just kind of forgotten for a while until the city bought the land, so big whoop. Thanks a lot, Google, you ruined the ruins.
The dogs are still cute, though.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home